What you should look for in a home security camera in Austin
So many homeowners in Austin want to take a look what’s going on at their house when they are not home This is a primary reason why security cameras are some of the best components to think about as you customize your smart home’s security. Although standalone cameras can be effective when installed appropriately, they’re even more helpful when incorporated into your property’s smart home system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Austin? You’ll be happy to discover these critical components have more features than earlier versions. You may view live streams from inside cameras or warn intruders with incorporated security features from outdoor cameras. Just use your mobile security app or touchscreen smart hub and you can control all your home security cameras.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Austin
Multifaceted and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will take your residence’s protection to a different level. These essential elements of your home security system are available with a diverse lineup of features like two-way audio, video storage, and mobile access. Explore the possibilities below.
- Effective deterrents: Choose a security camera that is able to take immediate action. If strange movement is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid ring of red light will appear around the lens and an audible alert will sound.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision sensors provide clear images of your environs at any hour. Your cameras will also maintain their crisp imaging when zooming in on particular areas.
- Cloud storage: Check for devices with video storage options and the ability to review clips directly from your cell phone app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Austin are typically paired to a helpful app on your smartphone. You are able to watch live footage or saved clips and even engage or deactivate your system. The Vivint App will post a notification to your phone if the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detection: Incorporated motion detectors allows cameras to activate whenever unusual movement takes place. You’ll even be alerted with an update on your smartphone.
- Speak to visitors or loved ones: Need to check in with your kids when they return from school? Is there a delivery person at your main entry? The latest residential security cameras, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient two-way communications so you may chat with the people within range of your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: As a general rule, your exterior video cameras should offer at least 120° of viewing perspective. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This feature allows you to set the precise part of your property you wish your camera to cover. This is beneficial to limit the activity you watch as you aren’t going to require updates each time a vehicle travels by in front of your house.
Customize your own Vivint smart home system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Austin. The only thing left to do is to design your own custom Vivint smart home. Call (512) 229-9684 to start or submit the form below to engage our security specialists.