What should I do when my Austin home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family – against the many risks you might encounter, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Austin home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be jarring, bewildering, and may cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Austin Triggers
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. What is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the best way to appraise the situation. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency yourself but instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. In the case of a burglary, this might include going to a designated secure area as far from entrances as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to take extra precaution. If there’s fumes or flames, please exit your house without delay.
- Remember your smartphone. Most homeowners keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you may neglect to grab it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Agents
Any time your home alarm system in Austin goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The guideline they adhere to is based on the type of emergency. To illustrate, when the emergency is due to a medical situation, one attempt will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are deployed. In the event of a break-in - the most typical type of event - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to contact you through the central command panel. You will typically be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t prompt a reply, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby police are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again once authorities are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Support will still be deployed even if you're not available to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Austin
Stay ready for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Austin from Vivint. Contact (512) 229-9684 to start designing your property’s security today.