Tips to cut down on false alarms in Austin
False alarms can be a legitimate issue for a home security system. Not only do they decrease the confidence you have in your installation, but they may be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you are able to do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Austin home security system.
As the first step, make sure that your devices installed properly. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that simple user errors trigger false alarms. Next, check out likely culprits of false alarms, like a back door that could be left ajar by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to use the extra tools like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Austin.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Can you avoid false alarms in Austin?
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to review the manual. Ensure all your components are connected correctly from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your preset schedules to be certain that your alarms aren’t engaging at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart devices are installed correctly and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Call your customer service representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Austin home. They'll be pleased to dispatch a tehnician to examine your system.
Investigate your entry points
In the event your configuration seems to be alright, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of your property. Are your entries shut tight, or might there be a few inadvertently cracked? If an access point stays unsecured, it might trigger a sensor. If your household routinely neglects to shut an entry point, you could install a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when your system is activated. Regrettably, windows take additional physical effort, mainly if you have someone who enjoys to fall asleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that device while protecting the remainder of the house.
Home automation is an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Austin
One of the most effective techniques to lessen the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your home security system. By using your security app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms that result from accidentally opening an entry point. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to disengage when your smart front door lock is activated with the correct number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you depart the property, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive mobile notifications when your implements detect abnormal movements or need a battery change.
- Link your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Austin when you get a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (512) 229-9684 or submit the form below.