Daily home deliveries have become standard for many people thanks to the rise of online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having packages left right at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in the open are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a serious problem, but you are able to protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to combat package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be an essential facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Austin video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and get instant updates whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to understand how a Austin video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous benefits it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your door and packages on the ground. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the use of using a doorbell camera? Leading models will include amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy immediate updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is a person lingering at your door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out what they want. You could even take advantage of this beneficial feature to deter people hanging around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to view real-time and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you may engage with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even allow you to communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.