How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Austin smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total charge of your Austin home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and find suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Austin?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can perform:
- View real-time or recorded video streams from any connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Austin by implementing schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Austin
Although many users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the details to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Austin smart home. Dial (512) 229-9684 to get started.